Actors Workshop Boston

3, Jul 2022
Is Chlorine In Drinking Water Safe To Drink?

A recent Gallup poll found that the biggest environmental concern among Americans is water pollution. Among the factors that affect water quality are the levels of chloroform and bromodichloromethane, which are by-products of chlorine disinfection. While there is no proof that chlorine can cause cancer in humans, exposure to high levels of chlorine in drinking water can lead to health problems in some animals. Visit https://www.discountfilterstore.com/chlorine.html

There is a small but measurable amount of chlorine in most municipally treated water, but studies show that a significant concentration of chlorine can cause long-term health problems. Even though it is not toxic to human beings, the presence of chlorine in drinking water is still a cause for concern. Chlorine in drinking water interacts with organic compounds found in freshwater to produce trihalomethanes (THMs). These THMs can cause long-term health effects by damaging vital body cells. Studies have linked exposure to THMs to heart disease, asthma, and birth defects, just to name a few.

However, many government environmental bodies have set guidelines for the amount of chlorine in drinking water. In most cases, drinking water that meets these standards is safe. While these guidelines don’t mean that you should stop drinking water if you’re concerned about its quality, they do indicate that it is safe for your health. If you’re concerned about drinking water quality, you should contact your drinking water provider. The water treatment office should test your water, but they don’t test it frequently, precisely, or at all.

There are numerous health effects of chlorine exposure, which may range from irritation to the eyes, skin, and lungs to nausea and dehydration. The longer you are exposed to chlorine, the greater the risk of illness and a host of other health problems. If you’re concerned about chlorination in drinking water, it’s best to have it tested. Moreover, the taste and odor of chlorinated water can be unpleasant and may even cause dehydration.
The presence of chlorine in drinking water is regulated by the U.S. Ecological Protection Agency. Water treatment facilities must ensure that chlorine is below 4 milligrams per liter. This level is considered safe to drink, but some people may find it unpalatable and prefer to install home water filters. However, the amount of chlorine found in drinking water can vary considerably. In some cases, the amount may be so high that it is unsafe to drink.

The use of chlorine in drinking water has benefited humans for decades. Its ability to kill disease-causing germs has significantly reduced the incidence of waterborne illnesses and even death. In fact, it is credited with extending life expectancy, and is widely used across the U.S., according to the American Water Works Association (AWWA).
Despite its many health risks, chlorine is a common disinfectant for drinking water and is a key component of municipal water systems. Many communities use chlorine or chloramines in their drinking water, although some may use a combination of both. Chlorine dioxide is a less common disinfectant. Some groundwater sources don’t require chlorine at all. In any case, the addition of chlorine to drinking water is a necessary precaution against waterborne diseases.